size_t.sizeof == 2 && __LINE__.sizeof == 4

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 10 10:32:01 PDT 2017

On 10 July 2017 at 17:56, Luís Marques via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 10/07/2017 14:31, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>
>> I didn't think that D supported 16-bit targets at all. Do ldc and/or gdc
>> support 16-bit targets of some kind?
>

> LDC accepts -mtriple=msp430 with some small tweaks. This issue arose as I as
> working on a proper implementation of those tweaks, to be accepted for
> inclusion in LDC.

The official stance is that we don't.  There is just far too much
baggage that gets piled in by default that makes it very hostile,
however those of us who are capable of doing so won't try to stop you,
and you have the likes of minilibd and other minimal D libraries as
friendly replacement, perhaps you could even use them on top of musl.
;-)

The same arguments that are normally brought up about C++ being used
on 16bit processors also apply to D I guess.

Iain.