D easily overlooked?

Emil via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 14 09:01:49 PDT 2017

On Friday, 14 July 2017 at 08:57:17 UTC, Wulfklaue wrote:
> https://blog.sourced.tech/post/language_migrations/
>
> A recent article where github programming languages popularity

Are you aware this is a github infomercial ? That is how
gamification works: make you compete  over who has the most
github repos or more migration or whatevers, but the important
part is making github keep the score :)

This is not about language popularity but about language
popularity on github. Moreover while charts are nice we don't
have a "other" category so we don't really see if the languages
listed cover 90% of github repos or 50% of github repos. Even
more, if you used github you know the language the project gets
listed under by default is rather random: if you have js files it
might get listed under js, if you have C files it might get
listed under C: for example the rather large migration of Perl
programmers to C is very probably just Perl modules adding XS
components.

So don't stress and keep using D ;)