State of the union on arch linux......

Andy Smith via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 16 15:53:09 PDT 2017

Hi All,

I recently had to retire my ageing Ubuntu laptop and decided to
go for Arch as the OS of choice for its successor, since I was
quite sold on this 'rolling release' concept.

My expectation was to have the latest, shiniest versions of the
three major D compilers at my fingertips but so far it looks like
the only compiler that works out of the box (*) is LDC.

(*) works out of the box = can compile and run a simple
helloworld program.

I checked out the snap package that Joseph spoke about at DCONF
2017 but again it seems like only LDC has snap packages available.

Is the state of affairs really this bad on Arch? Or is there a
HOWTO where I can get up and running with all three compilers?

Cheers,