D easily overlooked?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 24 06:51:18 PDT 2017

On Monday, 24 July 2017 at 13:34:18 UTC, Ali wrote:
> I am obviously not a language design or implementation expert,
> but what you said, does it mean that D cannot have a fast GC by
> design

Many things are possible if you put enough constraints on the
problem and enough advanced features in the tooling.

So I think that depends on how you write your programs, the
hardware they run on as well as the effort it takes to get the
compiler/runtime/tooling there.

When people say that a GC is fast they probably mean the
performance you get when writing a variety of programs that
allocate many objects with no thought given to how it affects
memory management performance.