How do you use D?

Zwargh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 29 18:53:15 PDT 2017

On Friday, 28 July 2017 at 14:58:01 UTC, Ali wrote:
> While the Orgs using D page is very nice ... I hoping to hear
> more personal stories ...
>
> So
>
> How do you use D?

> In work, (key projects or smaller side projects)

I am using D to develop a system for rational drug design. The
main application for D is for protein 3D structure prediction and
statistical analysis using Differential Geometry and Knot Theory.

> Did you introduce D to your work place? How? What challenges
> did you face?

As a research scientist, I can choose any tools I think will do
the job.

> What is you D setup at work, which compiler, which IDE?

Visual Studio Code + D Plugin - DMD and LDC

> And any other fun facts you may want to share :)

After using FORTRAN, C/C++ and Java for structural
bioinformatics, I think D is the best language so far for
programming those types of tools.