Benchmark

Robert burner Schadek via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 2 14:22:23 PDT 2017

On Friday, 2 June 2017 at 18:49:49 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
> And reject out of hand any PR which reduces performance in
> order to "ratchet" performance over time.
>
> I would also do this to a lesser degree to DMD as well.

I think being binary about it is the wrong approach.
Lets say we fix a bug, and the function is slower afterwards. Do
we merge the bugfix? I say yes.
Lets say we add a feature to a function that makes more useful.
Do we merge it? I say yes.

This is just another hammer, it does not mean everything is a
nail now.