Benchmark

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 3 08:23:57 PDT 2017

On 2017-06-01 23:08, Robert burner Schadek wrote:

> So my idea is to eventually get this library into phobos, write
> benchmarks for all functions in phobos, execute the benchmarks for every
> merge into master, use gnuplot to display the results on the dlang
> webpage, profit.

In Xcode you can actually have benchmarks that behave as tests. That is,
you write your benchmark. Define a boundary for a set of platforms, if
the benchmark takes longer to run then the boundary it will fail the
test. Then you don't need anyone to constantly look at the result. Of
course, this only work if you have a limited set of platforms with a
consistent performance.

--
/Jacob Carlborg