Replacing Make for the DMD build

Cym13 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 16 12:20:20 PDT 2017

On Friday, 16 June 2017 at 13:16:06 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> One issue that came up is that whatever we replace Make with
> would have to generate Makefiles as a fallback, back in the

I very much support this idea, Reggae is great. Also it supports
multiple backends including make, ninja, and binary (which means
no dependency, reggae does it all). It's been arround for long
enough to be considered stable and quite frankly Attila being
behind it alone makes me believe it is quality software. It's
already been used for phobos so we know it can handle at least
that kind of building complexity. It seems like the obvious
choice for me if make is to be let go.