D needs to get its shit together!

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 19 05:46:19 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 18 June 2017 at 21:53:35 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:

> What's missing from Lubeck that you would like to see?

I don't have an issue with missing functions at this point.

I just hope that we can get some operator overloading so that I
don't have to write mtimes all over the place. My ideal would be
a DIP that adds the option to overload opBinary for \, .+, .-,
.*, ./. Lubeck could use \ for inverse, .+ etc. for element-wise
matrix operations, and * for mtimes, etc. Very Matlab-like.

> Wrt Anaconda for D - it's the native code (C) libraries that
> are the biggest pain point.  Same thing as with Python really.

Wrt to my post above, I had forgotten that I made the point about
anaconda already. Long weekend away.

> So I wonder if we could figure out a way to host build
> configuration and build itself for the C libraries underlying
> dub bindings and wrappers.  It's really a Windows-specific
> problem, because even today there doesn't seem to be a great
> answer.  I played with chocolatey a bit, but it doesn't always
> seem to be that helpful in practice.

Sounds like something to think about.