D needs to get its shit together!

data pulverizer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 21 11:35:33 PDT 2017

On Monday, 19 June 2017 at 12:46:19 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> I just hope that we can get some operator overloading so that I
> don't have to write mtimes all over the place. My ideal would
> be a DIP that adds the option to overload opBinary for \, .+,
> .-, .*, ./. Lubeck could use \ for inverse, .+ etc. for
> element-wise matrix operations, and * for mtimes, etc. Very
> Matlab-like.

I'd like to second more flexibility around unary and binary
operators, perhaps we can have another keyword for instance
"record" that is essentially a D struct but allows the user to
specify their own operators - it could be included unofficially
at first without impacting the rest of the D language with the
stipulation that it is not used in D's core libraries or in
anything important. This functionality would allow notation
native to different fields in analysis to be used.