How can I use ldc2 and link to full runtime on arm with no OS

Dan Walmsley via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 20 10:52:59 PDT 2017

I'm starting to make attempts to find out what is needed to make
D finally work on low level embedded targets. I have been using
LDC2, i compile each .d file to and .o file and link using
arm-none-eabi-gcc. I have a demo available here:
Www.github.com/vitalelement/stm32dblinky includes a linked script.

I was originally trying to have a minimal run time approach but
having read a lot here I don't buy the argument that these
targets cant run with GC. So id like to now link to the full run
time if possible and try out the GC.

However there doesn't seem to be any guide on how to do this?

I need to know, how does the run time know which area of ram to
use for heap? In c/c++ usually we use linked script to provide an
area of ram for this.

How do I link in the run time and gc, etc?

Many thanks

Dan