dlang website design

Ecstatic Coder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 23 11:26:43 PDT 2017

> I'm kinda tempted to offer a pre-packaged compiler download
> with my libs and some other useful stuff. PHP has done that
> before, with the LAMP packages.
>
> And now that dmd is fully Boost, there's no legal barrier, but
> I question if it is really worth it because someone could just
> download the files themselves easily enough.
>
> But still, the compiler+libs+samples and docs and maybe one of
> the ides could be kinda useful.

I'm also in favor that some of your personal developments be
converted into std libs.

For instance, being able to natively implement a small web server
with a few lines of standard code, like we can easily do in Go or
Node.js, would be great.

And I know that you already have implemented that :)

So I can't talk for everybody, but I can at least say that having
such stuff working out of the box would indeed make a huge
difference for newbies like me, who'd prefer not having to chase
for open source code which does what the std libraries provide in
other languages.