Go 1.9

Wulfklaue via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 24 05:11:29 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 24 June 2017 at 10:21:50 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> What on earth are you talking about[0]?
>
> [0] https://www.bountysource.com/teams/d

*wow* ... Call me amazed and dumbstruck.

I never considered that D has a bountysource account. Its way,
waaaay at the bottom of the monthly listing page. It did not even
show up until 3 days ago.

This is just ... /lost for words and that is a first.

There is like one contribution 3 days ago and the last activity
is 8 months. No open contributions in the last 2+ years. *wow*
... just *wow* ...

Now i understand why some people complained that people if they
wanted something, that they needed to pay for it. Expect people
forgot to mention every time WHERE to put the payment. FFS ... i
had people tell me several times pay for whatever feature and not
a single person mention that D has a bountysource account.

Where is it even on the website????

Other sites:
============

Nim, one click on sponsors ( Top Page ) shows the sponsors and
amounts or a big donate button ( bottom page ).

https://nim-lang.org/sponsors.html

Crystal, one click ( Top Page ) shows the sponsors and amounts.

https://crystal-lang.org/sponsors/

D, ... press Community, then press Donate. Already two clicks,
hidden in the drop down menu.

https://dlang.org/donate.html

A big wall of text, no mention of donators, there amount. And
then paypal but no bountysource...

Electronic wire transfer or bank check *bwahaaha*. What are we:
1980? Even worse, "Wire transfer information will be announced
soon.". How long as that text been there??? Does the D team even
look at there own website???

No offense but frankly, this is the equivalent of not having a
bountysource account. Its simply hidden. There is no sponsors
list, there is no motivation if people donate like "hey, my name
is on the sponsor list". Or "hey, look, i am the top sponsor this
month".

For your information, i am still on the Nim list ;)

----

I was under the impression that D with a bountysource account was
going to be able to raise monthly funds on a higher level then
Crystal and Nim. I really do not know what to say. No wonder when
most new people do not even know its exists and the lack of
acknowledgment on the website only reinforces this.

There is no focus on raising funds. I talked about D Foundation
being obscure but this blow my mind. Talk about lost
opportunities on the website and general marketing.

A community project that wants to grow but does not take its
fundraising seriously... No no!!! Do not give me the party line:
if you want it solved, then enhance the website. This is part of
the core team there job. Its frankly the D Foundation there core
job to ensure every left and right way money can be gained, so
more people can be hired.

And sorry for the strong language but this is the truth! The fact
that i as a newcomer needs to point this out is just ridiculous.
Its easy to see why Nim and Crystal out fund D on bountysource.