WebAssembly design is done?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 1 00:46:48 PST 2017

On Tuesday, 28 February 2017 at 21:50:11 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
> What a long, roundabout path we've taken to end up back where
> we started: shipping binaries in a sandboxed environment.

Portable object-files is something that that people have tried to
achieve since the 1980s, but vendors have always undermined it.
If this goes through then it will be the first time we have a
portable object files with backing of the major vendors. Even
Microsoft.

The Java VM essentially ended up as a single vendor solution and
didn't live up to it's hype in the browser.