Why don't you advertise more your language on Quora etc ?

Jared Jeffries via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 2 04:29:27 PST 2017

> We need a powerful message that resonates. I think performance
> is the strongest message and it directly attacks people's major
> and misplaced concern about D's garbage collector.

Indeed, D gives better performance than other similar garbage
collected languages like Java, C#, etc.

But I don't think that performance is really what will decide
their programmers to give D a try, because they are used to their
current ecosystem, and are comfortable in delivering their
applications in time with it.

IMHO, what really matters to a developer experimenting a new
language are :
- Is the new language easy to learn ? How long will it take me to
become productive with it ?
- Is it really worth the effort ? How will it help me in getting
the job done ?

D is easier to learn, it's *both* more programmer-friendly
(arrays, maps, slices, foreach loops, references types,
closures), less verbose and more complete (templates, etc) than
similar mainstream languages.

Basically you just have to learn some sort of curated C++/Java
mix.

And in return you enjoy the *expressivity and productivity* of a
scripting-language like Javascript *without sacrifying
performance or safety*.