Why don't you advertise more your language on Quora etc ?

sarn via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 2 13:53:18 PST 2017

On Thursday, 2 March 2017 at 15:32:26 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Thursday, 2 March 2017 at 11:10:54 UTC, Martin Tschierschke
> wrote:
>> I started to learn programming (BASIC) with an traditional
>> home computer in the 80's
>> (Schneider/Amstrad CPC6128).
>>
>> The best thing was, you only needed to switch it on and only
>> with typing "DRAW 640,400" a line was drawn from the bottom
>> left to the top right corner.
>>
>> Now give someone a new computer and ask him to do the same?
>> How many years of computer experience will be needed?
>> How many tool would I need to install?
>
> I too learned to program using BASIC sometime in the mid-80's.
> The "enterprise" side of things has created a completely
> unnecessary learning curve. Java being used to teach intro to
> computing was successful at exactly one thing - it drove people
> away from programming.
> Do we have such a thing with D? Unfortunately we are moving in
> the wrong direction. New users are told to write configuration
> files for Hello World.

I started on a (then obsolete) Acorn Electron and later moved to
QBasic.

This article was written not too long ago.  First I laughed; then
it convinced me :)

http://www.nicolasbize.com/blog/30-years-later-qbasic-is-still-the-best/
(Cached version because it seems to be down:
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ZyMCKqG-ZKMJ:http://www.nicolasbize.com/blog/30-years-later-qbasic-is-still-the-best/+qbasic+is+still+the+best&hl=ja&gbv=1&ct=clnk )

I wish everyone teaching beginner programming would read that.