Google is apparently now better at searching programming-related questions

XavierAP via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 4 02:14:38 PST 2017

On Friday, 3 March 2017 at 09:50:58 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On Friday, 3 March 2017 at 07:51:06 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
> wrote:
>> I get those same results when using my regular browser, but
>> when using another browser I get "ad lib" etc, nothing about
>> programming.
>
> You may be right. :)
>
> I mistakenly thought the lack of cookies would be enough to get
> clean results. So much for that!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filter_bubble

If you're looking for a search engine that doesn't "track" or
"bubble" you (and it's quite good too), try duckduckgo.com

https://duckduckgo.com/privacy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuckDuckGo

If you want to get neutral results from Google in particular (as
far as possible), duckduckgo has "bang" searches, for example
searching for "!g dlang" redirects to a Google search of "dlang"
in https and as anonymous as Google allows.

https://duckduckgo.com/bang