D street cred: Just a thought

Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 4 07:35:13 PST 2017

On Saturday, 4 March 2017 at 13:24:25 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
>
>> Just a thought for boosting D's street cred:
>>
>> Perhaps...take a worthwhile C/C++ project with real potential,
>> fork it, and port it to D. And make a real commitment to
>> maintaining it. Obviously a bit of a gambit, granted, but the
>> potential payout is improving a worthwhile tool's
>> maintainability while showing off a real-world example of the
>> benefits and practical worthiness of switching to D.
>>
>> Just a thought.
>
> my 1 cent: we should stop trying to convert C++ users.

Please, do no push devs to do not do something. There are two
directions: betterC and DRuntime. I believe in betterC and
betterC target is C/C++ industry. Old D users are happy with
DRuntime and growing Phobos. This ways are not compatible at
least for now. Mir libraries are going to be betterC, the next
great betterC goal is DCV.

Ilya