[OT] Re: Why don't you advertise more your language on Quora etc ?

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 6 10:22:53 PST 2017

On Mon, Mar 06, 2017 at 05:52:40PM +0000, Rico Decho via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Btw, I'm not promoting Nim here, just asking to take inspiration from
> its memory model ;)

Nevertheless, it's certainly true that D's GC could use a major upgrade
at some point.  While it's not horrible, the present implementation does
leave more to be desired.  Hopefully the various efforts at GC by forum
members will at some point turn into some major improvements to D's GC.
There was talk a year or two ago about a precise for D (with fallback to
conservative GC for cases where that wouldn't work), but I'm not sure
what has come of it.

[...]
> 2/ it uses a standard curly-brace block syntax, which helps a lot when
> porting C++ or Node.js code to D.

<even-more-offtopic>
It's kinda ironic how the times have changed, that people these days
regard curly-brace block syntax as "standard".  I still remember not too
many decades ago (har har) when C's curly-brace syntax was regarded as
too obscure or line-noise-y, and people preferred "begin ...  end", "if
.. fi", or similar things popular at the time.
</even-more-offtopic>

Unix is my IDE. -- Justin Whear