Any news on DIP88?

Michael via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 14 06:27:41 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 11 March 2017 at 19:07:10 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Saturday, March 11, 2017 15:25:14 bauss via Digitalmars-d
> wrote:
>> Are there any news on DIP88? Will it be implemented?, when?,
>> is there an implementation currently in development or?
>>
>> https://wiki.dlang.org/DIP88
>

> So, if someone cares enough, they can propose a new DIP for
> named arguments, but I doubt that it would be accepted, and no
> one has made the attempt regardless, so it definitely hasn't
> been accepted as of now.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

I just wanted to chime in by saying that I like the syntax of the
proposal a lot. It's up to those making the decision about
whether this is approved or rejected but if this is decided to be
a language feature then the syntax presented is quite appealing.