Platform support?

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 27 04:58:50 PDT 2017

On Monday, 27 March 2017 at 09:47:52 UTC, JN wrote:
> I'm curious about something. What platforms exactly are
> supported by D? It's hard to find concrete data, and if
> anything it's all hidden in forum posts.

The wiki and download page are the best places to look:

http://wiki.dlang.org/Compilers
http://dlang.org/download

> Obviously Windows, Linux and macOS have good support. But what
> about mobiles? Android, iOS? Is it more like:
>
> - not supported at all
> - hello world works
> - most stuff works and you can interface with native OS APIs
> (Android NDK libraries etc.) ?

Pretty much everything works on Android, including calling native
and Java APIs, the latter through JNI.  Similar on iOS, but the
long in the works Obj-C bridge may have stalled.

> How about Emscripten/WebAssembly?

Unsupported, nobody has been interested enough to try it, AFAIK.