const(Class) is mangled as Class const* const

kinke via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 28 07:53:39 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 28 March 2017 at 14:11:16 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> I understand you point and showed you why it isn't a mangling
> problem at all, and gave you direction you may want to dig in
> to make a proposal that may
actually get traction.

If you really did get my point, it should be clear that I don't
see a necessity for differentiating between `const T` and
`const(T)` on the D side in general, transitive const hasn't been
an issue for my D/C++ interop use cases yet, but the
const(Object) issue the OP arises would definitely be a show
stopper at some point and, unlike a more general solution, can be
trivially remedied.