CTFE Status 2

Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 2 15:08:31 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 2 May 2017 at 09:55:56 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> [...]
>
> I intended for the debugging functionality to be exposed via a
> udp socket listening on localhost.
> Such that a debug-ui does not have to deal with ipc
> difficulties.

Hm, rationale for UDP over TCP here? I would assume one wouldn't
want debugging info to be delivered out of order (or not at all);
I mean, I guess it would be ok for localhost only (though one is
then depending on implementation specifics vs. protocol
semantics), but *if* you use sockets, you will eventually get
people who use that over the network (and then the fun begins).
Using TCP would just remove any potential future headache from
the equation.