Jonathan Blow's presentation

Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 9 16:47:46 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 9 May 2017 at 02:13:19 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> On 05/08/2017 03:28 PM, Jack Stouffer wrote:
>> uncompressed audio.
>
> Uncompressed? Seriously? I assume that really means FLAC or
> something rather than truly uncompressed, but even still...

Nope, uncompressed. Seems some games they decided the small
amount of time spent decompressing audio and textures was too
high, which is why some of the games are 50Gb in size, because
it's more important to have larger textures than trying to push
the HD textures and 4k stuff, vs actually having hardware that
can handle it, since the console hardware is seriously behind PC
hardware.