Value closures (no GC allocation)

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 20 17:43:58 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 21 May 2017 at 00:33:30 UTC, Vittorio Romeo wrote:
>     auto bar(T)(T x) @nogc

Make that `scope T x` and it will compile, using stack
allocation. Only worry is that you must not escape a reference to
the delegate; you are only allowed to use it in that function's
scope.

> What are your thoughts? Has something similar been proposed
> before?

It has, and I actually don't hate it, but I also don't think it
is necessary because of the `scope` storage class being one
option and just manually writing out the struct functor being
another viable one. The c++ syntax sugar is nice, but I can live
without it.