Another "D is cool" post

qznc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 30 02:24:47 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 30 May 2017 at 05:14:21 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 01:44:58AM +0000, Mike Parker via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> > I think a longish post like this would make an excellent
>> > shortish post for the D blog.
>>
>> Yes, please.
>
> OK, this is the 3rd or 4th time somebody asked about this.
> What exactly is involved in making a post on the D blog?
> Hopefully it would not require too much more effort, because I
> usually wouldn't have much time to spend on top of the time I
> already spent writing the original post. If it's just a matter
> of copy-n-pasting the text somewhere, then perhaps somebody
> could do that for me?

For a more general audience, I would suggest to expand the first
paragraph and tell more about your pet project.

Some parts should be extended, so non-D-programmers can
understand it. For example, the mention of `pragma` is probably
confusing for C/C++ people.

Inserting  a few links would be nice (e.g. for std.array.split).

If you really want to put in work, insert lots of code examples
with C and D versions.

Finally, a question: Did you count lines of code C vs D? Or
better yet, number of tokens?

Anyways, I was tempted to send the forum link around, so it is
already a nice blog post as it is.