[OT] Windows dying

Tony tonytdominguez at aol.com
Wed Nov 1 00:30:21 UTC 2017

On Monday, 30 October 2017 at 13:32:23 UTC, Joakim wrote:

> There will always be a few Windows cockroaches that survive the
> mobile nuclear blast, but we're talking about the majority who
> won't.

Why do predictions about the future matter when at the present
Windows dominates the desktop and is also strong in the server
space? I have seen conflicting reports about what OS is bigger in
the server market, but Windows is substantial and the more
frequent winner.

https://community.spiceworks.com/networking/articles/2462-server-virtualization-and-os-trends

https://www.1and1.com/digitalguide/server/know-how/linux-vs-windows-the-big-server-check/

And if desktop OSes were going to go away, the MacOS would go
before Windows.