What is the FreeBSD situation?

codephantom me at noyb.com
Fri Nov 3 10:41:49 UTC 2017

On Friday, 3 November 2017 at 10:26:42 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> So, feel free to use XP if you want to, but you're using it at
> your own risk, and if something doesn't work, then you're just
> going to be out of luck.

that's ok, if it works great, if not, oh well.
at least it executes ;-)

e.g clang etc won't even execute on xp.

> It definitely crashed the last time I tested it, and the
> aforementioned bug report has someone testing it, and it
> crashing. So, either they've changed something that somehow
> magically made our stuff work as-is, or you just got lucky.

Yes, **do** your own testing, as my concept of testing is at
best, dodgy...

i.e. I just grabbed all my .d files off FreeBSD 11, put them on
FreeBSD 12, and executed this: for f in *.d; do echo $f;dmd $f;
done

;-)