What is the FreeBSD situation?

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Sat Nov 4 03:19:00 UTC 2017

On Saturday, November 04, 2017 01:28:24 codephantom via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Friday, 3 November 2017 at 19:36:51 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>
> wrote:
> > What version of dmd are you running?
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis

> DMD (installed on..)
> ----
> FreeBSD: DMD64 D Compiler v2.076.1
> Debian: dmd_2.076.1-0_amd64.deb
> Centos: 2.076.1/dmd-2.076.1-0.fedora.x86_64.rpm
> Windows: dmd-2.076.1.exe
>
> GDC (installed on Debian and Centos)
> ---
> ..(gdcproject.org 20161225-v2.068.2_gcc6) 6.3.0
>

> LDC (installed on FreeBSD-11/12)
> ---
> ..LDC - the LLVM D compiler (1.3.0):
>    based on DMD v2.073.2 and LLVM 3.9.1

I don't know what to tell you. I just tested your example with

dmd 2.073.2
dmd 2.074.1
dmd 2.075.1
dmd 2.076.1
dmd master

on both TrueOS stable and Arch Linux, and it compiled just fine with all of
them. And that example is so basic that something is seriously wrong if it
doesn't work. So, that implies that you're doing something funny, but if
you're installing dmd with an installer or package manager, then I would
think that it would at least be set up correctly.

You might want to try

dmd --version

to make sure that you're running the
version you think you are and

which dmd

to make sure you're running the binary that you think you're running - e.g.
maybe you did something previously with dmd that resulted in a borked
install that has precedence in the path over the properly installed one -
though I wouldn't think that you'd manage that on multiple systems like
that. So, I don't know, but it's a thought.

- Jonathan M Davis