What is the FreeBSD situation?

codephantom me at noyb.com
Sat Nov 4 04:14:11 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 4 November 2017 at 03:19:00 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> maybe you did something previously with dmd that resulted in a
> borked install that has precedence in the path over the
> properly installed one - though I wouldn't think that you'd
> manage that on multiple systems like that. So, I don't know,
> but it's a thought.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

nope. it cannot be any easier to install dmd

I also verified all the versions using dmd --version. They are
all the same version, straight off the dlang website.

My TrueOS download just completed, so I'll give that a go later
today.

btw. I discovered that a small change to the code, and it will
compile ok:

import std.stdio;
//import std.conv; // this will *not* compile.
import std.conv : to; // this will compile ok.

void main()
{
     auto i = to!string(55);
     writeln("i is a ", typeof(i).stringof);