[OT] Windows dying

Jerry hurricane at hereiam.com
Tue Nov 7 03:15:18 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 4 November 2017 at 02:33:35 UTC, Computermatronic
wrote:
> I, like many other windows users, want to be able to compile
> 64bit binaries in windows, without having to download and
> install the bloated and time consuming to download and install
> Visual Studio.
>
> I do most of my programming in Sublime Text, and frequently
> re-install windows. This may not be the case for many windows
> users of D, but clearly many windows users of D would like to
> be able to compile x64 out of the box.

So your fine with reinstalling Windows, going through the entire
processing to setup and configure. Download all the new updates
and install them. Then setup your environment, downloading
potentially dozens of applications (git, debuggers, text editors,
compilers, etc..) and configuring settings? But downloading
Visual Studio is "time consuming".. I don't even. If all you can
complain about Visual Studio is its download size then I'd say
it's doing pretty good as a development tool.