Project Elvis

codephantom me at noyb.com
Fri Nov 10 12:06:42 UTC 2017

On Friday, 10 November 2017 at 11:45:25 UTC, Satoshi wrote:

> How many corporations is using D right now? 10?
> Windows is still dominant OS and there are a lot of job
> opportunities for C#.
>
> D is unusable for startups or corporations where are junior
> programmers hired anyway because it's too complicated to use.
> And pay senior developers for job what can be done by juniors
> but in different language is not worth.
> (e.g. metaprogramming is great stuff but require high skilled
> programmers to use it correctly.)

Yeah..let's use the D forums to bag D. What a great idea.

And, why are you trying to compare the state of C# to D.

I really do not see your point.

Besides being completely different languages, with completely
different purposes, one is backed by a billion$ corporation, and
the other is developed by a group of volunteers.

I cannot accept the assertion by some, that we 'should' look to
C# for language advice.