[OT] mobile rising

codephantom me at noyb.com
Mon Nov 13 11:30:04 UTC 2017

On Monday, 13 November 2017 at 10:26:57 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> I'm not sure why you're picking out my comments from arguments
> I had with Ola and Tony days ago at the end of all this, but we
> had OT conversations about OS market share where I felt they
> were repeatedly making the same mistake.
>
> After going a couple rounds with them on these two issues, I
> accurately characterized the tenor of their problem, fairly
> mildly I would say.  I would not in any sense call that
> "berating," though I did harp on each issue a couple times
> before making these negative statements about them.
>
> In any case, they gave as good as they got, and none of the
> three of us complained, AFAIK.  I don't see why you want to
> step in now and mischaracterize that as "berating."  If someone
> is repeatedly making the same mistake, I think it's fair to
> generalize and point that out, ie he _was_ confused in the
> points he was making.

I'd have to agree with you. I was following that conversation and
didn't think either party was all that serious..t'was just a
robust conversation ;-)

If we're going to talk about people 'berating'..we should have
started with Jerry, and then moved on to the great
'contributions' from so-called 'Dave Jones'.

And I'm still not sure they're not both one in the same.