Thoughts about D

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Tue Nov 28 05:11:25 UTC 2017

On 28/11/2017 5:03 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 11/27/2017 6:55 PM, John wrote:
>> Should add optlink to that list, would love to see it converted to D!
>
> So would I, but there's no chance of that (unless someone else wants to
> pick up that flag). Years ago, I attempted to convert it to C. It was
> possible, but an agonizingly slow process. The worst problem was the
> complete lack of a test suite for optlink, so there was no reasonable
> way to know if I broke it or not.

We have discussed this on Discord a little bit lately.
What we are hoping for is a D dmc+libc updated to use dmd-be.
Potentially allowing us to use LLVM's linker but with dmc's libc as
well. Giving us out of the box experience for 64bit.

It would be nice, but well, your site would need a lot of changes to go
in this direction.