UDAs on Enum Members: Does it require a DIP?

John j at t.com
Tue Nov 28 21:24:13 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 28 November 2017 at 01:49:19 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 28, 2017 00:15:24 John via Digitalmars-d
> wrote:
>> On Monday, 27 November 2017 at 17:48:35 UTC, Andrei
>> Alexandrescu
>>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Mike, this forum is not an appropriate place for
>> > requesting official answers. We don't scan the forums
>> > looking for matters that need attention. Feel free to send
>> > email to Walter and myself, and that will get answered.
>> > Thanks! -- Andrei
>>
>> Someone seems to disagree with you in that regard.
>> https://forum.dlang.org/post/ouqgln$1chr$1@digitalmars.com
>>
>> Not only did it get your attention but you didn't even bother
>> addressing it!
>
> There is a definite difference between posting stuff in the
> newsgroup to get attention brought to something and posting in
> the newsgroup to get an official answer on something from
> Walter or Andrei.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Not really, they can post the official answer on the github
issue, that was brought to their attention through the forums.
Him asking for an official answer is kind of irrelevant.
Something was being neglected, and attention has been brought to
it.