gdc is in

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Sat Oct 7 02:46:25 UTC 2017

On Friday, 6 October 2017 at 20:34:20 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> On Friday, 6 October 2017 at 17:04:39 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>> On 6 October 2017 at 17:21, jmh530 via Digitalmars-d
>> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

>>> I would think this would be bigger news...I mean LDC isn't
>>> even on 2.076 yet...
>>

>> Really?  Well, maintenance should be rather small now that the
>> patch / diff is relatively tiny for GDC.  Rebasing only
>> against dmd/stable branch on a weekly basis or so should help
>> things along also.
>
> A lot of (most, even?) D users ignore GDC because it's been
> substantially behind the cutting edge for so long. Managing to
> catch up and become relevant to them is big news, if you want
> users.
>
> To clarify: this includes Phobos, right?

Yes, the gdc downloads page hasn't been updated in 9 months:

https://gdcproject.org/downloads

By comparison, ldc is at the ddmd 2.074 frontend, which has been
downloaded 7000 times in the last month since it was released:

http://www.somsubhra.com/github-release-stats/?username=ldc-developers&repository=ldc

The gdc devs should put out a new release with a more up-to-date
frontend and announce it, so that all this work they've done gets
more use.