D on quora ...

Jerry hurricane at hereiam.com
Sun Oct 8 04:23:50 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 7 October 2017 at 06:19:01 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:

> As always, focusing on the users of the language tends to pay a
> lot more dividends than focusing on nay sayers.  Luckily,
> that's how things tend to proceed here, so yay for that.

Doesn't feel like that when the views of the people in charge
don't align with what people are saying. I can understand
people's dissatisfaction with Windows, but some people take it
too far. The compiler for Windows is built using 32-bit, not only
is the 64-bit version not built it's not even supported or
tested. I think someone made a post a little while ago about LDC
that 95% or more of downloads for their compiler were for the
64-bit version. If only one version is to be supported then it
should be the 64-bit version. I can't even imagine the outrage
there would be if 64-bit wasn't supported on Linux. Hell, they
haven't even bothered setting up AppVeyor for dmd, free testing
on Windows. Niche within a niche, can't expect much I guess.