My first experience as a D Newbie

Dennis Cote private at secret.com
Thu Oct 12 05:02:40 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 12 October 2017 at 03:50:31 UTC, Dennis Cote wrote:
> This time it runs but displays a window full of micro sized
> text and icons. It is barely readable.

I figured out dlangide assumes a DPI setting of 96 which creates
the tiny text and icons on my Retina display.

Under preferences it shows the DPI as "Use Screen DPI (192)" but
it actually uses that value only after I click the Apply button.
Then the text and icons are displayed correctly.

Looks like a small bug in dlangide initialization. I also noticed
the check boxes in the preference dialog seem to display at 96
DPI (and are therefore very small) even after the display
resolution is changed.

Dennis Cote