Note from a donor

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 21:50:46 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 26 October 2017 at 20:24:53 UTC, Patrick Schluter
wrote:
> [snip] That installer doesn't work  with the proxy installation
> we have on our work PC.

This is usually the bane of my corporate existence. I have to
manually install so much stuff. Anaconda and RStudio's package
managers don't work. Dub fetch doesn't work on my work machine.
But for whatever reason, I've never had a problem with the Visual
Studio installer.

> The other difficulty, installing Visual Studio when the system
> partition is small is also nearly impossible.

My old home setup was a very small SSD to install Windows and
then a bigger 3.5" data drive. I had to get a bigger operating
system drive (NVME is pretty cool) when I started using Visual
Studio more.