Note from a donor

Mengu mengukagan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 15:18:07 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 28 October 2017 at 14:43:38 UTC, codephantom wrote:
> On Saturday, 28 October 2017 at 14:00:14 UTC, Jerry wrote:
>> On Saturday, 28 October 2017 at 07:39:21 UTC, codephantom
>> wrote:
>>> btw. (and I do realise we've gone way of the topic of this
>>> original thread)...but...
>>>
>>> if it interests anyone, this is the outcome of yesterday,
>>> where I wasted my whole day trying to get DMD to compile a
>>> 64bit .exe on a fresh install of Windows 7.
>>
>> Your own incompetence isn't reason enough for everyone else to
>> suffer. I've never had a problem installing Visual Studio, or
>> getting D to work with it.
>
> Nice one Jerry.
>
> You're so eager to have a go at me, that you completely missed
> the point.
>
> I explicitly mentioned that I did *******NOT******* want VS
> installed.
>
> All I wanted, was to build a 64bit D binary, and wanted to know
> what was the minimum components I had to install in order to be
> able to do that.
>
> I had just wanted VS. I would have just installed that.
>
> The majority of time spent was downloading the damn thing!
>
> Go trawl somewhere else!

but what if that is how you can build 64 bit binary? with mac os
x, we have to download gbs of command line tools library before
getting started with any development. if we want to build
anything for ios or mac we have to download 5gb xcode. with a
fast internet, you get that in a matter of minutes. i don't
believe that should be a show stopper or maybe i am missing your
point.