Note from a donor

Jerry hurricane at hereiam.com
Sun Oct 29 01:11:04 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 29 October 2017 at 00:45:08 UTC, codephantom wrote:
> On Saturday, 28 October 2017 at 19:46:00 UTC, Jerry wrote:
>> Start the download when you go to sleep, when you wake up it
>> will be finished. I did this as a kid when I had internet that
>> was probably even slower than yours right now. It'll be like
>> those 4 hours never even happened.
>>

> That's greate advice Jerry.
>
> Perhaps that should go up on the wiki...
>
> "NOTE: If you're using Windows, and you want to use the -m64
> mode to compile D into 64bit code, you will need to download
> several GB's of other stuff...and if you have slow internet
> connection...then just start it when you go to sleep..and when
> you wake up it will be finished. It'll be like those 4 hours
> never even happened."

Most developers don't have shitty internet though, the one's that
do don't go whining about it trying to use something "better",
where better is just a substitute for smaller package size.
Visual Studio is probably the most reliable and stable toolchain
on Windows, the only thing anyone (ehm you) has to say bad about
it is it's download size. I'd say that's better damn near the
best D can do if the only thing someone has to complain about it
is the download size.