Note from a donor

codephantom me at noyb.com
Sun Oct 29 01:43:46 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 29 October 2017 at 01:07:17 UTC, Jerry wrote:

> So why do you care about something that doesn't even affect you?

Well, if you had been following the discussion, instead of just
trying to troll, then you would know that I was essentially doing
an experiment.

AIM: If I was using Windows, and wanted to compile 64bit D code,
but did *NOT* want to install VS, then what would be the minimum
components required (of VS's build tools).

The outcome, **for me**, of that experiment, was a whole day
wasted - mostly waiting for GB's of build tools to download.

Not to mention the service packs, updates and .NET framework
installation.

Then there's getting your head around the various licence
agreements, and alos trying to understand what these new
processes running on my system are doing..and why are they
talking to servers on the internet.....

Coming from a non-windows C background ... the whole thing was a
little daunting.

I guess if you're used to all the bloat that comes with
Windows...(as you seem to be) or have to use it for practical
reasons ....then nothing about my little experiment would
surprise you..

So I'm executing my right to free speech, and I'm saying that I
don't like it, and I wish it was better. Is that so bad?