Note from a donor

codephantom me at noyb.com
Sun Oct 29 02:39:21 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 29 October 2017 at 02:09:31 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:

> It seems to me that you have a major case of anti-windows bias
> here, as I never have any issues on my main windows machine.

Well, throughout this discussion, I have documented *my*
experience (not yours) of getting 64bit D on a fresh install of
Windows 7. That was my only objective.

I'm really not anti-windows. Windows XP is still one of favourite
all time os's!

I'm not anti-microsoft either...they have some good stuff too....
I wish they'd get .NET core working on FreeBSD properly
though...as I like playing with C# too...

What I am, is:

anti-bloat
anti-too-many-unecessary-dependencies
anti
you-have-no-choice-but-to-download-GB's-stuff-you-really-don't-need

This is not specific to Windows by the looks of the discussion.

Apple has similar demands of you apparently (with Xcode).

I think it can and should be done better...that's the point I'm
really trying to get (push) across. I'm shocked that so many seem
to disagree.

The modularisation of the VS install process helps a little (if
you can get your head around how it works)...but there are still
too many dependencies...and the whole experience should be
streamlined a lot more...

Many developers these days learn to program in these bloated
IDE's..and they are used to it..I get that. I learnt to program
in C, using vi ;-)

I guess different experiences lead to different expectations.