dub projects generate docs and host on code.dlang.org?

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 4 23:51:55 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 5 September 2017 at 03:47:12 UTC, Manu wrote:
> On 5 September 2017 at 13:15, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d <
> digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>
>> On Monday, 4 September 2017 at 11:15:08 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>>
>>> While it's an interesting suggestion, dub has 355 open
>>> issues, would be better if more people pitched in on those:
>>>

>> I have zero interest in fixing dub issues since I have zero
>> interest in using dub.
>>
>> If one of the libraries were compelling... and I actually knew
>> about it though, that equation may change.
>>
>> Making the code repository show documentation will do a lot to
>> make the library more discoverable and valuable, which in
>> turn, can drive dub use and bring with it more contributors.
>>

> This is exactly what I was thinking.

btw, there is a three-year-old open issue for this:

https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/355

The dub codebase isn't that big- DScanner reports 14.4 klocs- and
Sonke's code is nicely formatted and easy to dive into.
Everybody wants stuff in dmd, from bug fixes to new features, but
doesn't necessarily have the compiler knowledge or bandwidth to
decipher Walter's code.

Dub, on the other hand, is something most everybody can
understand, and PRs would benefit the entire community.  It is
still primarily a one-man show, despite Martin's efforts:

https://github.com/dlang/dub/graphs/contributors

I suggest everyone take a look at some of those issues, most are
potential enhancements that anyone could add.