Question about DMD's Travis CI

Michael V. Franklin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 9 18:25:29 PDT 2017

I've been battling DMD's Travis CI for the past couple of weeks
with a few of my pull requests.  It often fails for various
reasons that have nothing to do with my PRs (e.g. "The job
exceeded the maximum time limit for jobs, and has been
terminated.")  It's also takes almost half a day to complete.

What is the purpose of Travis CI?  What is it testing for that
the much more reliable AutoTester isn't already testing for?  Can
anything be done to make it more reliable and efficient?

Thanks,
Mike