D for Android

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Tue Sep 19 13:07:24 UTC 2017

Am Tue, 19 Sep 2017 12:38:15 +0000
schrieb twkrimm <invalid at 123.xxx>:

> On Tuesday, 19 September 2017 at 07:44:47 UTC, Andrea Fontana
> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 19 September 2017 at 03:25:08 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> >> Next up, 32-bit ARM Android devices are now supported, I'm
> >> looking at getting 64-bit AArch64 Android up and running.
> >
> > Keep it up!
> > Andrea
>
> Joakim
>
> I think the  Atmel processors (AVR) that Microchhip bought are
> 32-bit ARM based.
> It would be neat to develop D programs for limited resource
> processors.

OT, but Atmel produces:
AVR 8 bit microcontrollers, AVR custom architecture
AVR32 32 bit microcontrollers, AVR32 custom architecture
ARM based products (the SAM* series), ARM7, ARM9, Cortex-M/Cortex-A

Microchip additionally maintains custom 8,16 and 32 bit PIC
architectures.

Joakim's Android work is much appreciated, but for these types of
bare-metal controllers you'll have to look at Mike's work:
https://github.com/JinShil/stm32f42_discovery_demo

This is for 32bit ARM only. I wrote a proof-of concept hello-world for
AVR 8bit controllers (blink an LED) some time ago. On the compiler
side, not much is missing and betterC-related changes fix most compiler
problems. What you really need though is register definitions and
nobody wrote those for AVR 8 bit controllers yet.

-- Johannes