D Library Breakage

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 19:47:12 UTC 2018

On Friday, 13 April 2018 at 18:04:38 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> Error: symbol "__module_config_foo" needed by main.o is not
> defined
>
> The linker error isn't great, but it prevents potential runtime
> errors.  Also, if you use the compiler instead of the linker
> you'll get a nice error message.
>
> dmd foo.o main.o
>
> Error: main.o expected module foo to be compiled without
> -version=FatFoo but foo.o was compiled with it

The issue I have here is that Main doesn't need to be compiled
with the versions defined by its dependents.

So if someone defines a version list in their dub.sdl then all
those versions need to be defined in my dub.sdl when in reality I
don't care and just want to link to the library with those
versions defined.