CTFE in .di files

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Apr 18 09:16:14 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 18 April 2018 at 08:12:43 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:

> Curiously, I can't reproduce the problem on my FreeBSD system,
> so I wonder if it's Windows-specific (or at least that the
> linker on FreeBSD doesn't choke in the same way - the object
> files may or may not have a similar problem). I don't know if
> it's happening on Linux or OS X or not.

Same problem on macOS.

> If I understand correctly, Manu has been hitting the problem
> with 64-bit Windows.

The mangling in the reported issue is the same as for Posix. Does
Windows 64-bit use the same mangling as Posix?

Interestingly, if I add a call to  "zip" in the main D file, I
get an additional missing symbol:

import test;

import std.range;

int main()
{
     // test_func(1, 2);
     auto b = zip(["int","int"], ["a","b"]);
     return 0;

   "__D3std5range__T3ZipTAAyaTQfZQn6__initZ", referenced from:
       __D38TypeInfo_S3std5range__T3ZipTAAyaTQfZQn6__initZ in
main.o

"__D3std5range__T3zipTAAyaTQfZQnFNaNbNiNfQtQvZSQBrQBq__T3ZipTQBnTQBrZQn", referenced from:
       __Dmain in main.o

--
/Jacob Carlborg