CTFE in .di files

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Wed Apr 18 09:35:37 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 09:16:14 Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 18 April 2018 at 08:12:43 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>
> wrote:
> > Curiously, I can't reproduce the problem on my FreeBSD system,
> > so I wonder if it's Windows-specific (or at least that the
> > linker on FreeBSD doesn't choke in the same way - the object
> > files may or may not have a similar problem). I don't know if
> > it's happening on Linux or OS X or not.
>
> Same problem on macOS.

As in you're seeing the same problem Manu is, or as in you're not seeing it
on Mac OS X, just like I'm not seeing it on FreeBSD? I'd guess the latter
given how close FreeBSD and Mac OS X are, but the way you said it wasn't
clear.

> > If I understand correctly, Manu has been hitting the problem
> > with 64-bit Windows.
>
> The mangling in the reported issue is the same as for Posix. Does
> Windows 64-bit use the same mangling as Posix?

Well, with D name mangling, I don't see any reason for it to differ across
systems, since it's defined by us. It's the C++ name mangling that would be
different depending on the target, since that involves different C++
compilers, and for better or worse, the C++ folks never agreed on a standard
for name mangling.

- Jonathan M Davis