Favorite GUI library?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Apr 24 18:43:54 UTC 2018

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 06:13:46PM +0000, TheGag96 via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> Uknown's point about Moore's Law, I think, is the one we should be
> paying attention to. A while back, I saw a talk by Jonathan Blow
> called "Making Game Programming Less Terrible"[1], and lately it's
> been on my mind a ton.  I've begun to think that by going straight to
> web/Node stuff is just contributing to the degeneration of
> software/computing. Things are so much slower than they should be
> nowadays because programmers either A) didn't know any better how to
> write software that's as snappy as it should be, or B) wanted to make
> things easier/cheaper for themselves.

This reminds me of Nick Sabalausky's rant once that back in the 80's we
used to run programs on 64KB RAM and 8kHz CPUs, and lived with the slow
performance, and nowadays we have GB's of RAM and multicore GHz CPUs,
and we are finally able to write web apps that do basically the same
things with about the same slow performance as in the 80's (but with
many orders of magnitude greater resource consumption).  Software has
come a long ways indeed.</sarcasm> :-D

MASM = Mana Ada Sistem, Man!